We are interested in recruiting excellent graduate students particularly from foreign countries.

If one is eligible to be admitted to this university, I will support him/her financially. To this end, please send me your resume. I will reply when you are considered to be eligible. If you are highly qualified, we may support as a research assistant even prior to the admission to the Ph.D. program.

To maintain competence in graduate student recruitments and to enable students to focus on their research and studies without burdening over living expenses, each graduate student must receive minimum amount of living expenses (Master KRW >850,000 per month, Doctoral KRW >1,100,000 per Month).

* Monthly minimum living expenses of UNIST Graduate School (dorm KRW 250,000 + meal plan KRW 310,000 = KRW 560,000). Thus, one does not need a car and does not pay the car insurance.
Practically, most foreign people here save a substantial amount of money.
If one is in difficult condition, we may increase the salary, but this is done very rarely.
In particular, if one is outstanding, an extra bonus is paid. Thus, if one is really outstanding, one can receive ~ 2M won per month.

Research Fields:  Nanoscience (organic/inorganic synthesis, characterization, device fabrication),
Quantum Physics/Chemistry, Computational Physics/Chemistry, Machine Learning.

Representative Papers:

  Nature 2009, 460, 498;  Nature 2009, 456, 706;
  Nature Nanotech. 2010, online;  Nature Nanotech. 2008, 3, 408;
  Science 2001, 294, 348;  Chem. Rev. 2000, 100, 4145.
  Acc. Chem. Res. 2010, 43, 111; Chem. Soc. Rev. 2009, 38, 2319;  2006, 35, 355;
  Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2006, 45, 3795; 2005, 127, 4530;
  Phys. Rev. Lett. 2007, 98, 076101; 2006, 96, 096104; Opt. Lett. 2009, 35, 2007;
  Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 2005, 102, 14155; 2000, 97, 6373; J. Comput. Chem. 2008, 29, 1208;
  J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 15336; 2002, 124, 14268; 2001, 123, 10748; 2001, 123, 514.

If one is interested in our graduate program, please send me one's CV and a copy of one's transcripts.

Documents for visa Application for foreigners

1.  Curriculum Vitae
    Name, Sex, Birthday, Birth-place, Nationality, Present address,Working place and position, Phone number, Education: BS, MS (GPA); Professional experiences (career)
    (A Chinese should write his/her name in both English and Chinese)
2.  A copy of identification card or a copy of passport issued by the government
    (Zhumin shenfenzheng and Hukouben for a Chinese)
3.  Two letters of recommendation with signature
4.  Each copy of the diploma of B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees issued by the university
    If one has not the copy in hand, one should submit the documents to prove that one received the degree. It should be certified from each university.

If you bring members of your family, then submit the following:

A.  The notarized marriage certificate and the notarized document
      proving that your children or parents are members of your family.
B.  Copies of identification cards or copies of passport for your family members
      issued by your country's government. (copies of Zhumin Shenfenzheng or Hukouben for a Chinese)
C.  Curriculum Vitae for your family members:
      Name, Sex, Birthday, Birth-place, Nationality, Present address, Working place and position Phone number, Education, Professional experience (career)

Admission to PhD Program(refer to: )

It takes time to process the visa application. (quite often more than a month!)

Prof. Kwang S. Kim
Distinguished Professor (UNIST)
Dept. of Chemistry, School of Natural Science,
and (School of Energy and Chemical Engineering)
Director, Center for Superfunctional Materials
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
50 UNIST-gil, Eonyang-eup, Ulju-gun, Ulsan, 689-798 Korea

E-mail:  (Tel +82-52-217-5410, Fax +82-52-217-5419) (Center)

| UNIST Chemistry | | Local users